“Dearest John and the Merry Bees team,
Thank you so much for being part of Spellbound's very first mega corporate event. The event was a success and Spellbound couldn't have done it without trusting partners like you! 😘 And we always hope that you and Merry Bees will be there with us!"
Anna Lim, Principal Event Organiser of Spellbound Group, Singapore
“The performance by John Lye (feat Ywenna) was great. It was a joy to work with them and listening to the songs that certainly complemented the evening's festivities. Thank you very much for being part of our event and making the process so easy!”
Wei Quan (Millemedia Group) engaged John Lye in May 2014.
"Nigel and I had engaged John and Jocelyn as our wedding singers and also the emcees for the dinner. Before the engagement, we actually had friends suggesting that we just get our close friends to host the wedding to avoid awkwardness when a stranger hosts our dinner. Nonetheless, we went ahead to ask for the quotation from Merry Bees and to be honest, we were quite hesitant at first. After that night, we have to say that we are glad to have made the decision to engage John and Jocelyn for the most important day of our lives and every penny spent is worth it. Although we had never met before the actual day, it felt like we had known each other for a long time. John and Jocelyn were awesome singers and their hosting style makes us feel very comfortable and at ease. Many of our guests even asked for their contact after our wedding and said they enjoyed their performances very much. The Business Development Manager - Val is super friendly and helpful as well. Thank you Merry Bees for making our wedding an exceptionally memorable one. <3"
Nigel & Desiree (24 Dec 2016) Wedding Dinner@Swissotel
“The team from Merry Bees led by Val, were extremely helpful in assisting us throughout the process of arranging for John Lye & Ywenna to perform at our wedding at a short notice. The performance at the dinner was good and it was enjoyed by all the guest. Furthermore, they were accommodating to our request and ensured they were able to meet our requirements for the evening."
Sanjev (Groom at Sanjev and Diana Wedding's in W Hotel), 18 Dec 2016
"We engaged John and Sheena as singers for our wedding. Both sang really well, until our guest thought the singing came from a CD instead of live performance.
Merry Bees also were professional in their services:
Our first choice was not Sheena actually, but the first singer we chose could not make it due to personal reasons, so Esther called to explain the situation and offered other choices of singers to choose from. She called at 9plus at night, and i appreciate her effort to inform us about the change of singers asap once she knew about the situation.
Engaging Sheena and John actually cost more, but Merry Bees offered to waive off the extra cost and still charged us the initial price. I have compared their prices with other bands, and they have the most affordable rates with better singers (or singers which suit our style more). They did not hard sell anything, but only informed us it is necessary to rent the sound system from them as the hotel does not have a good system. There are no hidden costs, and all terms and conditions were spelled out clearly.
During the banquet, Merry Bees allowed guests to dedicate songs and messages to us, which is quite engaging for the guests as well. They even came to congratulate us when they were on their break and before they left after their performance.
All in all, it was a very fuss free and pleasant experience working with Merry Bees. John and Sheena are both very talented singers and I highly recommend them as a duo. "
Yixiu & Zane (5 Nov 2016) Wedding Dinner@Regent, Singapore
"We engaged John & Ywenna to perform and emcee for our wedding on 29 Oct. What we liked:
- No hidden charges. Everything was spelled out clearly right from the beginning
- Affordable. Very value for money in fact! Both were very professional and had really strong soothing vocals. Given the price we paid and the quality of their performance, we've seen other bands charging way more for similar standards.
- Their coordinator Val was friendly and welcomed our floodgate of questions. There wasn't any up-selling from their end. We've had others telling us to hire a 4-piece instead of a 2-piece (higher price of course lah)
- Merry Bees was sensitive to the entire wedding as a whole, not just about their performance segment. They asked if we had any preferences for the colour of their dressing, any special guests they should acknowledge on our behalf etc.
- Engaging them was a pretty fuss-free affair. We're really busy and it helped that Val was assuring and even offered us suggestions which saved us some brain cells.
- My guests were free to dedicate any song for the duo to perform and they loved that they could do that! This became a bonding factor for some table of guests. We got to keep the dedication slips with messages our guests left for us, which serves as sweet memorable keepsakes for us! "
Sherlyn & Qian (29 Oct 2016) Wedding Lunch@Goodwood Park Hotel
“Our guests were happy and satified with the soothing and romantic performance John has provided. We were initially hesitant about hiring a soloist as we thought it will be too bland for the wedding, however, the guests were very impressed by John with the way he sung and engaged the audience. He provided an ambience that no one will forget. ShiLi from Merry Bees has been very helpful towards catering our needs and budget, which has overall elevated the atmosphere of our wedding celebration. We will definitely recommend John and Merry Bees to wedding couples and corporate clients who wants to liven up their special occasion!”
Very happy couple,
Sihao & Shuhui (5 July 2015) Wedding Lunch at Grand Copthorne